Friendly Places on the radio
Adverts for the Priority Advertisers listed below broadcast on Rodney Collins shows (please click for schedules)
Polraen Country House Hotel
Sandplace, Looe, Cornwall, England [Google Map]
- Awards: Tripadvisor Hall of Fame (Certificate of Excellence 6 years running); AA Breakfast Award;
- Amenities: Guest Lounge, licensed bar, free Wifi, Onsite car park, large garden, Picnic Conservatory
- Parking: Onsite car park. Locked courtyard for motorbikes and cycles.
- Accessibility: Accessibility information is shown below
So much more than a B&B, 18th century Polraen Country House nestling in the Looe River Valley offers country house charm in spacious fully licensed hotel style facilities at bed and breakfast prices. It's the perfect peaceful alternative to staying in the heart of Looe with easy access from onsite parking and convenient bus and train links to explore Looe. Polperro, Liskeard and beyond.
The historic former coaching inn has been run by Gill and Martin Bridges for the past 17 years, winning several awards for outstanding hospitality and good food. These include the AA 4 Star Gold Award for Guest Accommodation and recognition by tripadvisor in their 'Hall of Fame'.
With a fully licensed bar, guest lounge, onsite car park and beautiful gardens, it offers a stress-free holiday base 3 minutes from Looe. Double, twin and family rooms feature cushioned window seats and modern well equipped ensuite facilities. The breakfast menu offers a great choice of locally sourced produce from the Full English to healthy options. The lovely conservatory can be used by guests for takeaways or picnics in the evening with crockery, cutlery and glassware provided by the hotel. The washing up gets done for free!
Read the reviews.
Ideal touring base for Cornwall and Devon, convenient for Looe, Polperro and Liskeard and for trips to Eden Project, Lanhydrock, Cotehele National Trust properties and coastal, valley and moorland walking
Best Price Guaranteed when you book direct.
- By phone 01503 263956
- Option to book the whole house for family and friends
- Fully Licensed
All our bedrooms are on the first floor. However easy access from onsite parking 15 paces from front door makes us suitable for many people with mobility issues who can manage one flight of stairs. Click here to view our access statement on our own web site
- Biker Friendly
- Business Traveller Friendly
- Child & Family friendly
- Cyclist friendly
- Diet friendly
- Disability friendly
- Gay friendly
- Groups Friendly
- Walker friendly
Friendly Places on the radio this year and last:
The music playlist for the Rodney Collins show is published each week on ABC Oldies web site and the show is broadcast weekly by agreement with the radio stations listed below. Please check the individual websites for broadcast dates and times as these may vary week to week.
In all, the programme is broadcast up to 15 times weekly by the stations below, with a further 17-23 stations broadcasting the show on a regular basis. The list below gives main broadcasts ONLY. Please note times refer to BST and that the show starts its weekly run on Saturday evenings with Miskin Radio, finishing the following Saturday morning on ABC Oldies.
- miskinradio.co.uk - Saturday at 1800 (during college term dates)
- abcoldies.com - Sunday at Midday and repeated Wednesday at 1300, Thursday at 2000, Saturday at 0700
- soulbeat-radio.com - Monday at 0930
- isles.fm - Monday at 1000 and repeated Thursday at 1400 & one overnight broadcast mid-week.
- replayradio.org - Sunday at 0900 and repeated Wednesdays at 1700
- wrfn1025.org/ – Sunday at 0900 and repeated Tuesday at Midday and Thursday night/ Friday morning at Midnight
- tunein.com/radio/Phoenixfm-s248552 - Sundays at 1000 and repeated Monday at Midday
- tunein.com/radio/Radio-Monro-UK-s286261/ - Monday at Midday and repeated the following Sunday at 0830
- wiganfm.com - Monday at Midday
Please note that ALL ads are rotated on our half-hour special broadcast as detailed here. The GENE PITNEY SHOW is replaced by GLEN CAMPBELL IN CONCERT June 19 week and then the GENE PITNEY SHOW returns from June 26 – broadcast details:
- http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Monro-UK-s286261/ - Monday at 0600 and Tuesday at 1900;
- http://www.abcoldies.com/ at Midnight Monday into Tuesday morning;
- www.replayradio.org Tuesday 2030-2100.
Programme timings can vary by two or three minutes either way, because of individual schedules. Some placings are aimed at the overseas listeners in the United States, Australia etc..